What can you do for DeMolay
We are constantly seeking out men and women who love youth, are committed to their development, and have time and talents to invest in their growth. Masonic leaders, Senior members of DeMolay, parents, grandparents, and community leaders are all welcome additions to the DeMolay adult leadership team. We seek adults with a variety of personalities, skills, and life experiences to provide our young men with role models and guides for their continuing pursuit of success. In addition, our youth deserve a safe place to grow and learn.
DeMolay Germany is committed to providing our members with quality adult mentors for their DeMolay experience. It is our desire to protect both our youth and our adult volunteers from any real or perceived abusive situations, and to provide for positive interactions for all. All those who wish to serve as adult volunteers in the DeMolay program must meet certain requirements:
- All adult leaders must be at least 21 years of age
- All adult leaders are appointed for one year terms by the Executive Officer for Germany.
- All adult leaders must complete the DeMolay Advisor Development (DAD) training course prior to beginning service.
- All adult leaders must file an Adult Worker Application with DeMolay International, providing basic information about themselves, their background, and their understanding of DeMolay Youth Protection standards.
- All adult leaders must provide DeMolay with references, which are routinely checked.
- All adult leaders must undergo a thorough background investigation, conducted on behalf of DeMolay International by HireRight Corporation. Those with any history suggesting they would place our youth at risk will not be permitted to serve.
- Adult leaders agree to be governed by DeMolay's Youth Protection and Risk Management Policies. Failure to do so will result in dismissal from service.
- All DeMolay volunteers serve at the discretion of the Executive Officer, and may be dismissed from service at any time with or without cause.
Think you might be the right person for the job? For further information about DeMolay's adult leadership policies, or to find out how you can be involved, please contact the Executive Officer for DeMolay Deutschland.